Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2024

Update on my personal LinkedIn challenge

 When I issued a challenge to myself last week, I didn't expect that I would earn a badge, but ... I earned a badge!



Yup, I'm now a "Top Digital Learning Voice" on LinkedIn.

How did this happen, exactly? Well, I said I would try to do more on there. I decided to share my recent conference proceedings paper in a post. It got some attention. I liked and commented on a few posts in my network. When exploring my feed, I actually came across a blog post where someone I know quoted me, and that was pretty cool. But none of that relates to the badge.

I was starting to get some notifications and in one of them I saw that I was invited to answer questions on a topic. To be honest, I was skeptical (why? what is the purpose? who will read this? am I just feeding some giant AI machine?) ... but then I told myself, " Girl, you have the expertise, your name will be attached to whatever you write, and you promised to push yourself."

After answering one question, I saw that if I answered at least three across the topic I would be considered for a badge. I kept going. And then people in my network (including some of you) reacted to what I posted. Two days later, I had the badge. 

What does it all mean? Probably not much, but I am feeling a little bit bolder about sharing on LinkedIn (as long as I consider it a game).

1 comment: