Search This Blog

Monday 3 June 2024

Flickr Fun (and a challenge)

One of our Week 4 tools is Flickr, a photosharing site.

I've been on Flickr for years. I used to take a ton of photos when traveling and would post them there. Some I would link into my blog (the era: 2004-2008). I was even asked for permission to share my photos in online travel guides, which was super cool.

What can you do with photosharing? You can share photos of things that you've encountered in your local environment. You can also share other kinds of image files. 

Yes, you can also share on Instagram, but you'll see that Flickr aggregates photos a bit differently and even has groups.

I've set up this one group to be a space where we can all share photos on the theme "this is what online learning looks like." I've already shared one such photo (I'm traveling right now -- love the flexibility of online learning) and will continue to do so this summer. Please join the group and share your own photos.

https://flic.kr/g/3gPDdj 

And OF COURSE WE NEED A FLICKR CHALLENGE


The challenge? Create a photoessay that is 3-5 photos long. Post it in a few places.

To earn the badge:
  1. Set up a Flickr account and upload the photos. Include captions.
  2. Join the Flickr group for this challenge and share the photos to the group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/eme6414s24/ 
  3. Post the photoessay to your blog (leaving the photos hosted on Flickr) and blog about your photoessay and Flickr experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment