Search This Blog

Friday 14 July 2023

Hey, Threads, how’s it going?

 Glad you asked.

Found myself playing the role of “passenger” again today (and thus I spend too much time on my phone and iPad, doing things that can be done easily on those devices), so I cranked up Threads. 

Maybe this Thread sums things up?


Is that Kourtney Kardashian at the top? (See her expanded thread below)
And is the other person some sort of celeb? So not my world.


Anyway, the response to KK indicate that everyone wonders what they’re doing here.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I first logged in to find that the top items on the feed were a good match for me. Basically, they were accounts for news sources I regularly read. That was nice.

Beyond that, I’ve no idea when or why I would return, except to be able to report back to y’all about the great social experiment. 

To be fair, every tool has to start somewhere.

Is anyone else on there with me?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dr. Dennen! I am glad to hear that you explored with Threads. I have not decided if I wanted to transition to Threads or not. Several of my friends are on Threads and are sharing how much they are enjoying their accounts. I am not 100% sold on the purpose of Threads yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. Dennen! I am also on Threads and much like you, I have no idea what is going on. My friends know I am not one to ju,p to social media sites at all, but with Threads I thought, "huh why not"? I have had it since the day it launched and have opened it up, I kid you not, TWICE! I have a tinge of regret downloading it because I barely use it and find that the fate of my Threads soon will result in deleting it. Regardless of if I delete the app, though, did you see that no one can delete their profile without deleting Instagram?? Instagram is an app near and dear to my heart so I guess I am stuck with a threads :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard about this new social media platform. It has gotten quite a bit of publicity, most likely paid publicity. I saw it on my feed, on the news etc. Wasn't it labeled as the Twitter killer or something like that? Anyway, I haven't tried it and probably wont in the future. It looks like it is not taking off as expected? I guess we will see.

    ReplyDelete