Search This Blog

Friday 21 July 2023

A week of challenges: Day 5

I'm not sure how this challenge will work -- it's a first for me -- but I wanted to try it. If the technology doesn't work, well ... we'll learn something all the same.

Let's play with collaborative playlists!



 It's Friday. Almost the weekend. Do you need some good summer tunes for the weekend?

I started a playlist for some good summer tunes. 
Add to my spotify playlist.

I started the playlist with Vacation by the Go-Go's. Yes, I am a child of the 80s, and this song always makes me think of summer.

I also dropped Manic Monday on there by The Bangles. I feel like that's the song that should end this playlist. It's always a Manic Monday after a fun summer weekend, right?

Please add some songs in the middle.

And if you want to do the challenge part and earn a badge, here's your task:

1. Add to my playlist (fingers crossed that this works, technology-wise) and comment below about what you added and why you chose that song.

2. Create your own collaborative playlist (you can choose whatever tool you want, I picked spotify because that's the music service I most frequently use)

3. Write a blog post about your playlist (kind of like the bit I wrote above about my collaborative playlist) and invite us to add to it. 

Get creative with it! I've seen people create playlists to go along with books, for special events, etc. I even tried to start one with social media songs, but I didn't get too deep there (and I was struggling to find songs). If you want to add to that one, it's here.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Dr. Dennen! I would love to participate as I plan to offer the same activity to students next Fall, but I cannot add any song to your playlist :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collaborative feature of Spotify is not working great. Some online users suggest accessing Spotify on the desktop app to add songs to a collaborative playlist. It seems that the web player or a mobile app won't work. I posted a playlist I cretaed on my blog: here are the links to the playlist and blog post:
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0e4u1sW38YHRmIKP5DApJ9?si=b58a5824138a4bb5&pt=f0c1ab6d5f8539b0c5b76c19b5a39a44

    https://afrenchview.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-egocentric-playlist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure how the tech would work on this one -- it's new to me, too, but I couldn't test it out without help from all of you. I'm going to go check out your playlist now.

      Delete
    2. It worked! I logged in on my desk app and was able to add a song to the summer vibes playlist :-). How did you make it work?

      Delete
  4. I added 2 songs! A classic favorite of mine - Hurts so good by John Mellencamp, as well as a new song I discovered this week - I'm in love by Hailey Whitters. It is just a fun upbeat song that will get you singing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave is Don Henley's Boys of Summer. My parents used to have a lake house with rights to the neighborhood pier. Wayfarers were super popular and it reflect a line in this song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having trouble adding to the playlist, I tried to sign in using my Facebook page to contribute. However, I still wanted to add my song to the playlist because the song is just a VIBE. The song I am thinking about is Beyonce Before I Let Go off of her homecoming album. You can never go wrong with Beyonce tune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was able to add a song on the app. I chose Santeria by Sublime because it is my favorite band and I have been listening to them, especially that song, since the early 90s. It always reminds me of the beach, whether it is in Peru, San Diego, San Francisco, Florida.... etc. It is the SOCAL vibe that I love so much and makes me miss San Diego so much!

    ReplyDelete