Search This Blog

Saturday 25 May 2024

Challenges and badges in EME6414

 Week 3 is almost here, and that’s when we will begin challenges and badges.

Decorative image


To get a full sense of what we’re doing, I encourage you to review the Zoom recording (it’s only about 15 minutes long, you can watch it at 1.5 speed if you like) and learn more about what will be happening. 

You can find it under the Zoom link in the Canvas sidebar menu [look for Cloud Recordings] and I put the link in the Module 2 file list, too.

The brief version is:

Entirely optional and just for fun, I’ll be issuing “challenges” here on the blog. I’ll announce them on Instagram, too, but the full details will appear on the blog. You can complete the challenge if you want, and if you do you’ll receive a digital badge. The challenges vary, but are designed to give you things to try out using different platforms. Engaging in challenges and earning badges will count toward participation in the course. Again: you do you, but I look forward to seeing some of you play along.

And until we actually begin the real challenges, here’s an informal on. Consider it a soft challenge (like a soft opening of a business):

On instagram, share a photo that depicts something you’ve learned recently. Use the hashtag #eme6414

If you do the challenge, leave a comment here so we know to go look for it.




7 comments:

  1. I'm up for the soft challenge! Go, #eme6414!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE a challenge ;) #eme6414

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..darn I was hoping the hashtag would... hashtag? turn blue? hyperlink?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it doesn't work that way on blogs. Would be cool if it did.

      Delete
  3. I participated in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I search for #eme6414 why am I not seeing my post with the others? Does anyone know?

      Delete